- 400 registered students
- 17 core faculty, 1 system scientist, and 7 adjunct faculty
- A number of classes are offered across locations and time zones using novel educational and technological advances.
- VentureBridge program supports the development of new ventures from Carnegie Mellon students.
- All degree programs leverage Silicon Valley's unique entrepreneurial ecosystem to offer superior education, access to internships and coveted jobs, and opportunities for new startups.
- A part-time program in Software Management allows students with day jobs to pursue their advanced product management degree at night.
- Information Networking Institute programs are bicoastal, where students’ first two semesters are at the Pittsburgh location and the final semester(s) is in Silicon Valley.
- The M.S. in Software Engineering degree is exclusively available at the Silicon Valley campus.
- Software Management alumni in executive management positions are listed as the most powerful women engineers in the world: Business Insider, Top Women to Watch Diversity Journal, Corporate Executive of the Year; Latina Style; and Top 25 Business Executives in Hispanic Business.
Stay connected with CMU Silicon Valley! Tweet us. Tag us. Share our post. Each of our social media channels offers exclusive content that will keep you both entertained and well-informed.
Departments on campus
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Information Networking Institute
- Integrated Innovation Institute
- Information Security & Privacy
- Internet of Things and Sensor
- Product Management
- Software Engineering
- Extend the brand of Carnegie Mellon to Silicon Valley (CMU-SV)
- Create new opportunities for students and faculty from Pittsburgh in the CMU-SV region
- Offer programs that leverage the CMU-SV ecosystem
- Become a conduit for entrepreneurial activities for students and faculty