Interested in working on campus at Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley?
Most of the positions available on campus are through the faculty as an RA (Research Assistants,) GA (Graduate Assistants), or TA (Teaching Assistants).
You can find out about open positions by:
- Contacting faculty directly
- Searching on Handshake
- Attending the Sneak Peek Research Overview Event at the CMU-SV campus during Fall Orientation week
- Responding to emails when faculty advertise open positions
Once you are hired, you will be working with 3 different groups:
- Your hiring department
- The CMU-SV staff to help with i-9 documents or information on obtaining a social security number
- Workday at the CMU Works Service Center
You will receive emails notifying you of each step along the way, so you can be sure that everything has been processed correctly. Please keep in mind that you are not officially hired until you fill out all new hire paperwork and have an active account in Workday. You can reach Workday at email@example.com for assistance with any Workday issues or concerns. For questions regarding your position, please contact your hiring department. For general help with your i-9 documents at the CMU-SV campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.