Student Affairs Office
At Carnegie Mellon University-Silicon Valley, you will have the support that you need to be successful. Academic support will be provided to you through your Academic Departments. All other needs and inquiries can go through the Student Affairs Office.
The Student Affairs Office can assist you with a variety of needs:
Office hours are held daily for students to stop by and talk to someone from the Student Affairs team. Office hours are posted weekly in all email communications by the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, Assistant Director of Student Affairs, and Career Consultant. Hours can be found outside the Student Affairs offices, located in Building 19, Room 1045 and 1043 (across from the Bay Room.)
Appropriate questions for office hours may be:
- Help with connecting to the Office of International Education
- Transportation Cards/Ecopasses
withhousing, transportation, etc.
- Questions about health or wellness
- Any student activities, events or organizations
- Assess cards for CMIL (Carnegie Mellon Innovation Lab)
settlinginto the area
- Really any question, concern or problem you may have is appropriate for Student Affairs
- Even if you don’t know who to ask- come to Student Affairs to be directed to the right person
A personal appointment can be scheduled to discuss any topic that you want to with the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs. Appointments are kept private and confidential. To book a personal appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics for personal appointments may be:
- Personal issues
- Relationship issues
- Stress concerns
- Time management
- Health concerns
- Difficulty with another student or
- Or any personal topic that you want to talk about privately
Student Suggestions Box
Please use the Student Suggestion Box to report:
- Safety hazards
- Ideas for new resources
- Improvements for the campus
- Personnel concerns
- Provide suggestions
- Feedback for the staff or faculty at CMU-SV
- Anything that you want to make us aware of can be put in the suggestions box!
You have the option to give your email so we can follow up and discuss the idea or issue with you OR you can choose to remain anonymous.