- 400 registered students
- 15 core faculty; 8 researchers
- A number of classes are offered across locations and time zones using novel educational and technological advances.
- VentureBridge program supports
of new ventures from Carnegie Mellon students. development
- All degree programs leverage the unique entrepreneurial ecosystem to offer superior education, access to internships and coveted jobs, and opportunities for new startups.
- Part-time program in Software Management allows students with day jobs to pursue their advanced product management degree at night.
- Information Networking Institute programs are bicoastal, where students’ first two semesters are at the Pittsburgh location and the final semester(s) is in Silicon Valley.
- The Software Engineering M.S. degree is being offered through distance learning to students at all College of Engineering locations.
- Software Management alumni in executive management positions are listed as the most powerful women engineers in the world: Business Insider, Top Women to Watch Diversity Journal, Corporate Executive of the Year; Latina Style; and Top 25 Business Executives in Hispanic Business.
- Distinguished Service Professor Bob Iannucci advises American Radio Relay League ham radio operators. Students participate in the annual Field Day event that promotes emergency communications preparedness.
DEPARTMENTS ON CAMPUS
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Information Networking Institute
- Integrated Innovation Institute
- Information Security & Privacy
- Internet of things
- Product management
- Software engineering
- Extend the brand of Carnegie Mellon to Silicon Valley (CMU-SV)
- Create new opportunities for students and faculty from Pittsburgh in the CMU-SV region
- Offer programs that leverage the CMU-SV ecosystem
- Become a conduit for entrepreneurial activities for students and faculty