If you are planning an event (internal or external) that requires set-up, logistics assistance, staffing assistance, or overall management, you will submit your request through the Room Reservation Request Form. Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley does not have a dedicated Event Staffing department. Arrangements can be made with the Facilities department for assistance in supporting your event, subject to priority and availability. Room rental fees and staffing charges may apply.
Internal Event Requests — CMU affiliates
The CMU-SV employee, student organization or onsite department hosting the event is responsible for all arrangements including room reservations, ordering catering, requesting audiovisual equipment setup and requesting facility support. If additional charges are incurred for services such as room set-up, janitorial, catering, etc., these charges will need to be paid for by the requesting department (an Oracle string will need to be provided).
External Event Requests — Community partners
As an extension of our commitment to be an active member of the Silicon Valley community, we will allow the use of our CMU-SV facilities to community partners subject to approval. Selective use of rooms within CMU-SV facilities will be allowed for events pending availability, during normal business hours.
A CMU-SV designee (CMU faculty or staff member) must be present and in attendance during the scheduled meeting. CMU-SV reserves the right to ask its community partners to reschedule meetings if a business conflict occurs.
CMU-SV does not have a dedicated event services department. You will be responsible for event management, logistics and ordering catering. We can assist with room set-up and AV set-up.
Note: We reserve the right to refuse any request not meeting the criteria specified or not endorsed by supporting organizations. These guidelines may be modified at any time without prior notice. Any organization using CMU-SV facilities must comply with any room usage agreements or other established policies.
Request a Room for Events (internal or external)
- Complete the online Room Reservation Request Form.
- All requests will be reviewed by CMU-SV staff. The Event Manager, Stacy Marshall, will contact you for further details. If the event is after hours or on the weekend, further review and approval will be required.
- If your request for an external event is approved, you must submit the Conference Room User Acknowledgement and Agreement Form [PDF] to CMU-SV upon agreement.
- Applicable room rental fees must be paid on receipt of invoice. Room reservation will be held on a "1st Right of Refusal" basis. If we receive another request for the room you will be contacted. We cannot hold the space longer than two days if we receive a request for the same room and the invoice has not been paid.
External Events Additional Requirements
External Liability Release Form: Any person or organization using a CMU-SV event space or conference room for approved external activities must sign the Conference Room User Acknowledgement and Agreement Form [PDF]. If the User is an organization, a representative from the organization must sign the form on behalf of the organization.
Required Liability Insurance: As detailed in the Conference Room User Acknowledgement and Agreement Form, Users must provide the correct certificate of insurance.
External Designee Responsibilities: A CMU-SV designee (CMU faculty or staff member) must be present and in attendance during the scheduled meeting. For all external, affiliate or community events, the CMU-SV Designee is responsible for:
1. Scheduling a Walk-Thru with the Event Manager prior to the event as necessary.
2. Ensuring responsible use of event facilities.