Make an appointment with a career coach to discuss and strategize a range of career-related topics. Some of these topics might include:
- Exploring professional interests
- Reviewing a resume or cover letter
- Navigating career uncertainty
- Moving past roadblocks in your job or internship search
- Handling career rejection
- Dealing with social, personal, or familial pressure
- Improving approach to finding a job/internship
- Interviewing practice for a specific upcoming interview (i.e. mock interview)
- Building your professional network
- How to market your skills, knowledge, and interests
- Evaluating and negotiating a specific job or internship offer
- Non-academic job search for Ph.D. students
Appointments are available weekdays during normal business hours (9am-5pm).
To schedule an appointment:
- Click on the online appointment calendar link --appointment calendar link
Note: if you do not see any available appointments, it means all appointments have been booked at this time. If this is the case, please email Lauren Schachar (email@example.com) to discuss other options.
- Choose an open appointment time (any grey box) and fill out the appointment description (your appointment will not be confirmed unless you fill out the necessary information).
- Click “Save” once you’ve filled out the fields in the description box.
- Email your resume to Lauren Schachar at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
Appointments are held in building 19, room 1045 unless otherwise noted.
STUDENTS MAY SCHEDULE UP TO ONE APPOINTMENT AT A TIME.
If you are no longer able to make it to your scheduled appointment time, please email your coach as soon as possible to cancel.
*** Appointments are reserved for current students only.
*** Depending on availability, CMU-SV alumni may be able to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor. Please email Lauren Schachar at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about appointments.
Drop-In Career Office Hours
Drop-in office hours are also available throughout the fall and spring semesters. Drop-in office hours are for quick questions or to update your career coach -- think 10 minutes max. If you think your question will take longer, then it's best that you schedule a career appointment instead so that you have sufficient time.